Description of Role
Primary duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with record keeping for the Academic Coordinator (reports, student records, etc.).
- Assist AC with conducting audits on existing courses and colleges to determine if anything should be closed, merged with other subjects, or revised.
- Assist Deans and Directors with creation and revision of course materials as needed; this may include converting exams to Moodle-friendly format, ghost writing, and beta testing exams.
- Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
- All clerks must have reliable internet access, and must keep in regular contact with the Academic Coordinator and other staff members as may be necessary.
- Microsoft Office, Open Office, or compatible program (word processing and spreadsheet skills a must).
- Good organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Previous experience with Moodle not required but must be willing to learn basic functions.
- Good grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills are strongly encouraged.
Training Requirements (if applicable)
OTS and all of the courses in the STARFLEET Academy Orientation College
This is an entry-level position, so we are happy to consider people with no previous experience within Educational Services. However, ideal candidates will have experience in Fleet or in the real world that demonstrate they have the necessary skills.
Additional Comments: There will not be a set number of clerks, but will be hired as needed. Once hired, they may work specific jobs, and may not see continual work, but as long as they perform their duties well, they will remain part of staff and be given other tasks as necessary. Directors or Assistant Directors who want to assist SFA in other areas may apply to be a clerk. Based on experience and job performance, one or more clerks may carry the title of Senior Clerk, and may be asked to assist with project assignments or to lead a project.
Age Requirements (if applicable)
16+ (this can be an excellent way for high school members to start to get involved and then can apply for higher openings when they turn 18)
Listing Start Date