As deemed by the Surgeon General, STARFLEET Medical.
Time deemed as necessary every month for publication, coupled with periodic Medical Corps Staff meetings.
STARFLEET Medical Corps – Our focus is to oversee medical operations and provide assistance to Regional and Chapter Health Officers by making public health, medical information and other resources available to the members of STARFLEET in keeping with the vision of the late-Gene Roddenberry by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and ideals and operationalize the “Let me help” principle set forth in both the Television series and Movies. We do not issue medical advice to members and encourage them to pursue professional medical attention for concerns.
DEPUTY EDITOR HYPOSPRAY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commit to STARFLEET Medical Corps and the primary purpose of the Corps.
- Commit to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies and related community service activities that pertain to their specific committee.
- Work with STARFLEET Medical personnel, the ASG, and the Region’s Medical Officers in regard to awards and Recognitions for publication in the Hypospray.
- To help the Editor collect articles, collaborate, layout and proof “The Hypospray” for publication.
DEPUTY EDITOR HYPOSPRAY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a member in good standing within STARFLEET.
- Must have successfully completed OTS, OCC and either COM 101, MDPR 101 or MD-100 courses.
- Must be registered with the STARFLEET Medical Directorate and have taken the Medical Corps Pledge.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other STARFLEET Medical members.
- Real life experience with Microsoft word and or publishing of newsletter required.
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS DEPUTY EDITOR HYPOSPRAY:
- The opportunity to develop record keeping, communication and leadership skills.
- The opportunity for ongoing learning in public health topics.