Description of Role
The Newsletter Editor is responsible for the MACO publication “Secured Frequencies”, and is responsible for its operations and policies. They along with MACO Command, set the tone, editorial direction and policies for the publication and makes sure every issue is consistent on these measures.
They are appointed by the Commander, MACO and serve at their leisure.
Their primary duties include:
• Determine the tone and scope of the publication.
• Oversee editorial submissions to ensure topics are appropriate for the publication and that the voice of MACO is consistent.
• Reviews the contents of each issue and makes sure it is free of copy errors or inappropriate content.
• Makes sure the newsletter meets the deadline for publication.
Training Requirements (if applicable)
• Previous knowledge of newsletter publication preferred.
Age Requirements (if applicable)
Must be 18 years of age and a member of MACO in good standing