Description of Role
This officer, and his/her staff, is responsible for handling the joint/coordinated efforts of the Brigade. The Operations Officer will work with unit OIC’s to help create, promote and assist with event planning both on and offline. Access and management of the Brigade Event Calendar is controlled by this officer.
• Possess good organizational and planning skills
• Possess good time management skills
• The ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
• The ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
• Exercise responsibility, discretion, and judgment in making decisions.
• Be able to follow policy and procedure as set forth in the STARFLEET Bylaws and Membership Handbook, the Marine Force Manual and the Policy Manual.
Training Requirements (if applicable)
Candidates do not need to be a commissioned officer; however, the Officer Training Course, Marine Basic Training (PD-100), and Primary Leadership Development Course (PD-200) are preferred, but not required.
Age Requirements (if applicable)
18 years of age