As deemed by the Surgeon General, STARFLEET Medical.
Preferably 3 hours every month in Region coupled with periodic Medical Corps Staff meetings.
Assigned Regions of STARFLEET International
Positions open for Regions 6, 10, 15 and 18.
STARFLEET Medical Corps – Our focus is to oversee medical operations and provide assistance to Regional and Chapter Health Officers by making public health, medical information and other resources available to the members of STARFLEET in keeping with the vision of the late-Gene Roddenberry by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and ideals and operationalize the “Let me help” principle set forth in both the Television series and Movies. We do not issue medical advice to members and encourage them to pursue professional medical attention for concerns.
ASG SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To serve as the STARFLEET Medical Corps representative in assigned SFI Region to help develop and implement STARFLEET Medical Corps activities designed to promote good health among members and promote good health in communities.
- Commit to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies and related community service activities.
- Work with STARFLEET Medical personnel, and the Regions Medical Officers.
- Commit to STARFLEET Medical Corps (including completion of required reports to Surgeon General).
ASG SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Provide each chapter and by extension, each member, support to further public health and medical knowledge and/or programs for the chapter/individual.
- Encourage chapters/members to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and to promote these and other related training in their communities.
- Achieve a short-term goal of at least one member of each chapter to be certified in CPR/First-Aid.
- Hold a Medical Panel and provide public health/medical, and home safety information in Regional newsletters, at Regional Summits and/or IC.
- Organize Blood Drives or other population-level health awareness campaigns, if permitted by the event committee.
- Encourage every chapter to hold annual CPR/First-Aid Awareness Events and provide free or low-cost training to their communities or related population-level health awareness event.
- Distribute health promotion information to Regional Medical Officers related to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies.
- To assist the Medical Corps in a long-term goal of having every member in SFI to have some sort of CPR/First-Aid training.
ASG MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a member in good standing within STARFLEET.
- Must have successfully completed COM 101, MDPR 101 or MD-100 courses.
- Must be registered with the STARFLEET Medical Directorate and have taken the Medical Corps Pledge.
- Must have the Regional Coordinators permission and live in the Region you will represent.
- Ability to motivate, build self-esteem, engage, and collaborate with other STARFLEET members.
- Real life experience in health/medical sciences would be helpful but not specifically required.
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS ASG:
- The opportunity to make a life-altering impact on community health in your assigned Region among STARFLEET Members.
- The opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills.
- The opportunity for ongoing learning in public health topics.