All applications must meet the following criteria:
Members of the SFMC who serve on the staff of any General Staff member will be referred to as Command Staff. All members of the Command Staff must be at least 18 years of age, be identified in the STARFLEET database as active or reserve Marines and have completed OTS, PD-100 and PD-201. The only exception to this policy is the Enlisted Aid to the Sergeant Major SFMC. This aid must of Senior Enlisted rank and be at least 18 years of age, be identified in the STARFLEET database as active or reserve Marines and have completed PD-100, PD-201, NCO-100, and NCO-201, with NCO-301 being recommended.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills
- Possess good time management skills
- The ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
- The ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Exercise responsibility, discretion, and judgment in making decisions.
- Be able to follow policy and procedure as set forth in the STARFLEET Bylaws and Membership Handbook, the Marine Force Manual and the Policy Manual,
In addition, you *MUST* have:
- A consistent Internet connection and be willing to acknowledge all emails sent to you with 48 hours.
- Be willing to take direction as needed to accomplish the duties.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Marine Force Manual [as it will be your main reference source]
Please know that not only will your applications be reviewed; so too will previous Brigade and Unit reports as well. This will give the General Staff the opportunity to “get a feel” for you as much as possible. If you’re not comfortable with dealing with confusion, frustration and the occasional angry word, this
position may not be a good fit.
There will be no politics in this position. You may certainly have your own opinions as to things that may be happening around you in SFI and the SFMC, but politics stop at the office door. We are here to serve all Marines equally and without favoritism. You will find yourself working with your friends and with those who are not you friends. You will be required to treat them all fairly and equally.
If you’re interested, please fill out the STARFLEET Human Resources Volunteer Application Form and indicate which position you would like to apply for. Additionally, a STARFLEET resume will be required outlining your previous positions and achievements.
Open Command Staff Positions:
For duty descriptions, refer to the specific command section in the SFMC Command Policy and General Staff Manual r.2020.