|Description of Role:||Petfleet is STARFLEET’s Auxiliary for SFI members to register their pets.Petfleet is seeking an Editor for its established quarterly newsletter. The Editor’s job will be to gather and edit articles from contributors within Petfleet and SFI. This may include interviewing members to produce short stories, the layout of the newsletter, and some graphical work. Please provide an example(s) (link to or document) of past editorial work.
This Editor role may also contribute to the new Petfleet website by copywriting content and posting stories to the new Petfleet WordPress Website once built later this year.
This role will report directly to the Director of Petfleet, Randy Mitson, and work closely with the rest of the team.
• A current SFDPP (STARFLEET Data Protection Policy) is required.
• Must be, or become, a member of Petfleet.
• Must hold or be willing to open a Facebook and Discord account.
• Attention to detail with writing: Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and meet quarterly deadlines.
• A love for all pets preferred but not required.
• Journalism skills with creative writing.
• Proficiency with computers & writing programs: Google Docs and/or Microsoft Word.
• Experience with MailChimp Email Marketing platform preferred.
• Experience with Zoom or other video conferencing programs to record interviews
• Experience with WordPress is an asset but not required.
• Previous experience in writing/editing for publication is very helpful.
|Training Requirements (if applicable):||Educational background in English, Journalism, or a related field is helpful but not required.|
|Age Requirements (if applicable):||Must be at least 18 years of age.|