Description of Role
Our focus is to oversee medical operations and provide assistance to Regional and Chapter Medical Officers by making public health, medical information, and other resources available to the members of STARFLEET in keeping with the vision of the late-Gene Roddenberry by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and ideals and operationalize the “Let me help” principle set forth in both the Television series and Movies. We do not issue medical advice to members and encourage them to pursue professional medical attention for concerns.STARFLEET MEDICAL LEAD IN THE FIELD OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS – SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Affiliate to STARFLEET Medical in the database and also via https://medical.sfi.org/welcome-to-starfleet-medical/join-us/
2. To serve the Membership with regard to their specific Field Lead and to help develop and implement STARFLEET Medical activities designed to promote good health among members and promote good health in communities.
3. Commit to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies, and related community service activities that pertain to their specific Lead areas.
4. Work with STARFLEET Medical personnel, the ASG, and the Region’s Medical Officers.
5. To distribute health promotion information to Medical personnel that is related to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies for their specific Lead Field.
6. To submit an article with regards to their specific field to “The Hypospray” for publication each Quarter.
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS LEAD IN THE FIELD:
1. The opportunity to make a life-altering impact on community health in your assigned Region among STARFLEET Members.
2. The opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills.
3. The opportunity for ongoing learning in public health topics.
1. Must be a member in good standing within STARFLEET.
2. Must have successfully completed or are working towards OTS, OCC, and MDPR 101 courses and passed all current SFDPP exams.
3. Must be registered with STARFLEET Medical within the SFI database and also via https://medical.sfi.org/welcome-to-starfleet-medical/join-us/
4. Ability to motivate, build self-esteem, engage, and collaborate with other STARFLEET members and have enthusiasm with respect to promoting activity in their field.
6. Real-life experience in health/medical sciences would be helpful but is not specifically required.
Training Requirements (if applicable)
Age Requirements (if applicable)