Description of Role
The Newsletter Editor is responsible for the development and publication of the Corps newsletter ‘Attention on Deck’. The newsletter will be published on months opposite the STARFLEET Communiqué and distributed to the Corps membership via the easiest method such as the Corps email list. The Editor is authorized two Officers to assist in this task.
• Possess good organizational and planning skills
• Possess good time management skills
• The ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
• The ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
• Exercise responsibility, discretion, and judgment in making decisions.
• Be able to follow policy and procedure as set forth in the STARFLEET Bylaws and Membership Handbook, the Marine Force Manual and the Policy Manual.
In addition, you *MUST* have:
• A consistent Internet connection and be willing to acknowledge all emails sent to you with 48 hours.
• Be willing to take direction as needed to accomplish the duties.
• Have a good working knowledge of Newsletter publication and applications to accomplish this task.
Training qualifications must be completed before taking office:
Application period closes 30 September 2020. Questions about this position can be directed to Mark Anderson at email@example.com. Attachments must be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Attachments submitted in other formats might not come through the system and will not be forwarded with applications.