Consult the Following Link to Discover Available Positions:
continual and at mutual agreement with Surgeon General, STARFLEET Medical. Initial 6-month probationary period at start of appointment.
Approximately 3 hours every month.
Assigned to their Regions of STARFLEET International (the region you reside in).
Not required or relevant.
STARFLEET Medical –Our focus is to oversee medical operations (fictitious) and provide assistance to Regional and Chief Medical Officers by making public health/medical information and other resources available to the members of STARFLEET via the regional ASG Facebook page / social media outlet in keeping with the vision of the late-Gene Roddenberry by being dedicated to helping humankind attain noble goals and ideals and operationalize the “let me help” principle set forth in the TV series.
ASG SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To serve as the STARFLEET Medical representative in your assigned SFI Region to develop and implement STARFLEET Medical activities designed to promote good health among members and promote good health in communities. (You must live in the Region you serve).
2. To work with your specific STARFLEET RC and STARFLEET Medical staff.
3. The Completion of required reports (bi-Monthly) for the Surgeon General.
4. To NEVER endorse or provide medical advice irrespective of personal qualifications to members of STARFLEET International or members of the public whilst representing STARFLEET Medical.
ASG SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1. Provide each chapter and by extension, each member, support to further public health and medical knowledge and/or programs for the chapters/individuals by means of legitimate sources.
2. Encourage chapters/members to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and to promote these and related training in their communities.
3. Distribute health promotion information to Medical Officers related to public health, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies from legitimate medical or government sources
- To share news and announcements from STARFLEET Medical to members in the rest of your region and act as a point of contact for crew in the region wanting to contact SF Medical.
ASG MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be a member in good standing within STARFLEET.
2. Must have completed MDPR 101, SFDPP parts 1 &2 and be working towards the completion of OTS.
3. Must be registered with the STARFLEET Medical in the SFI Database.
4. Experience in health sciences would be helpful but is by no means essential.
5. Ability to motivate, build self-esteem, engage, and collaborate with other STARFLEET members.
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS ASG:
1. The opportunity to make a life-altering impact on community health in assigned region among STARFLEET Members.
- The opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills.
3. The opportunity for ongoing learning in public health topics.
- The opportunity to raise the profile and participation of crew members in STARFLEET Medical within their Region.