|Description of Role:
|The Webmaster serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the STARFLEET Sciences website(s), handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the Auxiliary.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with any of the Starfleet Auxiliary Services or Starfleet Academy. Preference will be given to those applicants who have completed previous tenure or coursework in the field of CompOps or Information Services. Similar experiences elsewhere in the real world will also be considered.
Applications will be accepted for 30 days. Other SFSci Postings will also be considered by those applicants that directly apply to this job listing. If you choose to apply, you are acknowledging that you are willing to be considered for any related position (assuming it’s a better fit for staff).
Primary duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
· Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the auxiliary’s website(s).
· Develops and maintains internet and intranet portals, forms, and structures in accordance with the auxiliary’s needs; collaborates closely with the Director, Deputy Director, Asst Directors and Section Chiefs.
· Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across SFI and the auxiliary’s web properties.
· Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
· Maintains and documents ownership of auxiliary’s internet domain(s).
· Ensures compliance with STARFLEET policies, procedures, and ethical standards; software licenses; and applicable state and federal laws and regulations including data security, privacy (SFDPP), and intellectual property laws.
· Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
You will be required to attend at least 2 meetings quarterly should they be requested by Auxiliary Service staff and/or meetings as requested by the SFSci Director.
The Deputy Director will serve as FIRST point of contact for the Webmaster should any issues arise. If resolution is not met, please escalate issues to the Director.
Help train new staff members.
|· Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
· Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems, applications, and tools used by the organization.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Above average people skills, particularly the ability to be diplomatic and help resolve issues between others. The chosen applicant will have input on a staff of at least two members who will report directly to them.
Experience with WordPress website creation is a bonus.
|Training Requirements (if applicable):
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field highly preferred; coursework in digital media, web design, and/or computer programming preferred.
Equivalent progressive professional experience may be substituted for education with approval of Director and Deputy Director.
Candidate must have completed the following SFA courses to be considered:
Current SFDPP certification (minimum 101 and 102, and recertification if applicable)
|Age Requirements (if applicable):